Fondazione Bruno Kessler was created on 1 March 2007. FBK inherits the activities of the Istituto Trentino di Cultura, which was based on the ideas of Bruno Kessler, a long-time member of the local government and founder of the University of Trento. Established by a law of the Autonomous Province of Trento, FBK operates as private entity. The Foundation is charged with keeping the province of Trento in the mainstream of European and international research. It does so by attracting women, men and resources at the forefront of technological development and humanities studies. The Foundation is also involved in bringing together natural and human sciences, a sign of recognition of the challenges faced by the knowledge society.
Fondazione Bruno Kessler promotes:
- cultural activities, scientific research, technological development, with the aim of both the advancement of knowledge and service to the local community
- the exploration of innovative frontiers of knowledge with particular emphasis on interdisciplinary approaches and on the applications area
- the opening of the Trentino Region to the international scene, through collaborations and exchange activities with national and international research organizations
- a widespread innovation ability, involving the community and the local economy
- the transfer of research results: support for new entrepreneurship, for the growth of brand-new professional skills and for the improvement of public administration structures.
The main FBK research fields are in the areas of Information Technology, Materials and microsystems. Centre Materials and Microsystems (CMM) is focused on key areas of Materials, Microdevices and Microsystems, employing more than 120 people. CMM combines scientific excellence with the ability to exploit research outcomes and results within national and international network, aiming at optimizing experience through open innovation.
|FONDAZIONE BRUNO KESSLER
Via Santa Croce, 77
38122 Trento (TN), ITALIA
Tel. +39 0461 314200
Sito Web: www.fbk.eu